Hi,

I have Optus cable at home, and have been simply plugging my laptop (
a Compaq Presario V6107AU ) running Fedora7 to the cable modem (
Motorola, forgot the exact model ) to get Internet access.

Can anyone recommend a wireless router that I can use instead so that :
1) The wireless router connects to the cable modem.
2) The wireless router serves DHCP to wireless laptops.
3) Supports VPN passthrough
4) WEP / WPA-PSK / AES encyption
5) Allows a USB 2.0 printer to be connected so that it is shared among
laptops ( optional )

... and of course ... works with linux ?

I have been looking at these:

LinkSys WRT54GX:
http://www.ht.com.au/N/-20+-43+-535/part/R8671/detail.hts

LinkSys WRT54G:
http://www.ht.com.au/N/-20+-43+-535/part/H9739/detail.hts

The second one is cheaper, although it does not have WPA or AES.
What do people here with Optus cable use ... and what's your feedback ?