Assuming you are getting these packages from a genuine ubuntu repo the short
answer is  enter y instead of n. The long answer is that the GPG key you
have installed for verifying package signing doesn't match the new packages.
You probably should do "sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install
ubuntu-keyring". And then try the "sudo apt-get install build-essential"

On 10/4/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> Many thanks for the replies.
>
> I've run into something else in my quest for a crossword compiler.
>
> I ted to the internet and tried
>
> sudo apt-get install build essential
>
> and attach the log.
>
> Some of these libraries etc cannot be verified and I face the shame of
> having unverified material on my laptop.
>
> More advice, please.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Bennett.
> --