On Tuesday 09 October 2007 09:04:52 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Wow, that was immensely helpful :) (really, I'm pretty sure that was
> the most awesome email I've ever had in RE: to anything I've asked)
>
> Well, you've 100% convinced me I was about to try and save up for a
> dead cause, I'm annoyed at the guy on the phone for not telling me
> what you just did, especially being that he knew I was not on any
> income either, money-money I guess.
> I would have told my fiance to help me to, and she would have - for
> nothing. *pulls hair out*
>
> Alright, so - Being that all the PDF books I download end up sitting
> in my /home/junk  can you recommend reading materials suitable for the
> courses you have specified? and if so where to get them? I know the
> the Dymocs in the city used to be good for Linux material but that was
> years ago.
>
> Am I going to need to get Red-hat server? (stupid question I know)
> because I'm very happy with Ubuntu and Slackware for my server and if
> I have to start adjusting to that anti-foss gnuless corp I'm going to
> be very unhappy :(

The Redhat RPM way is very differant and it would be very helpfull for you to
put the Ubuntu machine aside for a couple of weeks.
Out West the Good Sammy's have cheap machines. You could use your current
rat/keyboard/monitor and setup everything to work on CentOS. 200M Pentium and
up would be quite useable.

THAT would be worth as much as all the study-learning put together.
Also it would make the learning-exam parts more *real* and you'd learn and
remember. The harder it is the more you'll learn. If you can setup your
Slackware then this should be quick n easy. (Not that SW is hard, it's not,
they just don't hold your hand so tight)

James