Hi

I am in the process of rebuilding my server and I am planning my disk usage.  I
have 2 drives.  Traditionally  I would do

4 partitions to make up 4 md's

md0 /boot ( ~ 500M - I like have space here) sda1 + sdb1
md1 / (~10G) sda2 + sdb2
md2 swap sda3 + sdb3
md3 LVM PV sda4 + sdb4

from the PV I make a VG and then lots of LV's

I have used this sort of set for a while, but what I would like to do is not
make md3 and instead use sda4 + sdb4 as 2 PV and then I get the chance to
decide which pv is made up of mirrored space and which is not.

I have some data that I don't really care if it dies/get lost.  I can't do that
on a lv by lv basis with my original setup.

I haven't had much experience with lvm mirrors, should I stick with my original
setup or go with the new ?

Alex