Matthew> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:08:25AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
>> but how stable is lvm mirror any one using this in production

Matthew> I dunno.  I'm taking the fact that it's standard in major
Matthew> distros as an indication that it's pretty mature and
Matthew> reliable.

We've been doing a few performance measurements (as part of our
research).  LVM underperforms compared with the same
mirroring/striping arrangement set up with md.  We're still trying to
work out why... (and fix it, of course).  The data is still *very*
preliminary, and may change as we do more experiments.

Peter C
--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia