On Mon, October 22, 2007 1:25 pm, Matthew Hannigan wrote:

> For that to work the log would have to be group-writeable.
> Is it?
> And on your old server?
> Also check for selinux violations (/var/log/audit/audit.log) if
> everything else looks ok.
>
> Did you get amavis and clamav from the standard Fedora/Redhat
> repos?  If so you should raise a bug with them or mention on their mailing
> lists.

Matt,

I've got it mostly resolved:
 with the earlier versions, on RH73, I needed to alter user clamd runs
under, it seems it's no longer needed (but I've done so ....)

after I unistalled, excorcised respective directories and reinstalled,
it's largely working, at least , both amavisd and clamd are working
together (though I still get some probs from clamd)

anyhow, thanks for you help

--
Voytek