Alright, so today I was all prep and keen for a job interview (my first in a
year and a half) working with what seems like a pretty in.the.know team of
guys (Linux web-hosters/service providers). I get about half way through the
initial testing papers (before the verbal) and stumble upon this question
which just failed me - and then, in between stairing vaguely off in to the
distance and ignoring my at.the.time rambling mrs (something about guitar
hero 3.. not entirely sure there) I got it... but all to late.

Has anyone been in a situation where a mostly obvious/logical questions is
put forward but you are just to damn nervous to answer it and your brain
just halts and then begins to work so overtime the answer which is right in
front of you fails?

So here it is... don't laugh.

You are standing by a river, you have 2 jugs - one 5 gallons and the other
3, you need exactly 4 gallons. How do you go about achieving this?

--
When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.