Hey All,
I use synergy at home with my Linux desktop plugged into my monitor via
dvi, and my laptop via vga. I have configured synergy to do an xset dpms
force off when I tell it to switch to the laptop, which causes the monitor
to switch to using the vga port and beings up the laptop- that works well.

The problem I am having is when my laptop also goes into powersaving after
being in idle for 15 mins, I come back and move my mouse/keyboard - even
though synergy is sending it to the laptop, my linux box also wakes up,
and gets the monitors attention first.

My question is, is there a way to "xset dpms force off" (turn monitor off,
not dpms!) and not wake up on keyboard and mouse events, or wait a few
seconds before waking? (so the vga connection has a better chance of
getting the monitors attention first).

TIA,

Scott