On 28/02/2008, Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I've been banging my head against my adsl modem and I wondering if it
>  might not just be easier/cheaper to replace it with something better.
>  Can anybody recommend an ADSL modem that does up to an including
>  ADSL2+, is Linux friendly and easy to set up in bridging or half
>  bridging mode? It would also be nice if the adminstrative functions
>  were still accessible when it is in bridging mode.

I've been using a Thompson SpeedTouch 536 in straight bridge
mode in front of a WRT54GL (OpenWrt) with the WRT handling the pppoe dialing
but your modem should handle it in bridge mode OK. When you switch to bridge
mode you usually lose administrative access to the modem. I haven't played
with half bridging so not much help there. This is with Bigpong and it needs
the pppoe username and password.
You could try seeing if it works in gateway? mode before switching to bridge?
With this modem in gateway mode it has a fairly good CLI.

Tony