I have a DSL-502T that I am just running as the router too, it is only about
6 months old, it works fine with all the linux clients in my place too. It
isn't doing dhcp or DNS though as these are handled elsewhere.

AFAIK the DSL-502T is running linux. I have had some issues with the latest
firmware as some of the config pages don't render in firefox, which is
majorly annoying, it used to be the other way around that they didn't render
in IE on my solitary windows box.