On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 17:13 +1000, Amos Shapira wrote:
> "Manual Configuration" only gives me the usual "Enable Roaming" option
> for both wireless and wired networks, which doesn't seem to make a
> difference?

The roaming mode is meant to be checked. If Network Manager doesn't pick
the change up straight away, don't go unchecking it. Just log off and
log on again.

If it still doesn't work, go edit /etc/network/interfaces (I hope your
distro has its config there), and delete every single line _except_ for
the ones containing "auto lo" and "iface lo inet loopback". Log out and
log in to see if it worked.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/