G'day sluggers,

I updated openvpn on a Ubuntu Feisty server today and discovered that
the openvpn server wouldn't allow incoming connections (tried with two
different clients).  This message appears in syslog when a client
tries to connect.

    May 14 16:45:46 dropbear openvpn[17945]: 59.167.42.155:33826
        ERROR: '/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/server.key' is a known
        vulnerable key. See 'man openssl-vulnkey' for details.

However, when I run openssl-vulnkey on that key file, it says that
the key is not blacklisted.  The key was not generated on a Debian
or Ubuntu system, nor was it generated with a faulty version of
openssl.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?  Any ideas why
openvpn doesn't like my key even though it's own vulnerability
checker says it's OK?

Thanks,

John
--
If it wasn't for CodeRed, my web server would have no-one to talk to.
            -- Graham Reed