How does this plug into the TV... if it does?
Or do you use a video card like a conexant?
Ben

Grahame Kelly wrote:
Hi Sluggers.

In response to several questions on Media Centre (or is that arr.. Media Center) the only way to go is: Myth-Ubuntu downloadable on a single DVD off the net. Several flavours are available, i386, x86_64, OSX etc.

Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy Gibbon) (using the x64 Alternate installer if your CPU/64 bit) their probably a later release now available. Look at this guide - http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php will assist you too.

I/We have converted three such systems from original crap windoze Media Center. The users where overwhelmed by Myth's uptime, added functionality, source-code access, and the price just blows them away. Most spent any where in the range of $1.5K to $2.2K for the windoze setup (not including the $700++ for the s/w licence) only to find they usually had to reboot twice or more a day, and then even some DVD where not copyable.

In-house we have two Myth-servers (back-ends) and four front-ends (two are back &front ends combined the others are silent microATX compact flash 1GHz fan less systems). You will have no problems setting up right from boot able MythTV-Ubuntu distro, just installs and goes - Never have I seen it so simply done.

Hope this assists.