On Monday 26 May 2008 22:19:37 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> With Xorg 7.3 (as on Hardy) you might find that you are better off
> just removing /etc/X11/xorg.conf and letting "bulletproof X" do it's
> thing. It will create a new sensible xorg.conf that *should* work.
> (You have some crud in the old one that didn't migrate properly)
>
> Failing that, run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and then
> "xrandr" (or the screen resolution GUI) to tweak it.

Martin ?? on Hardy I find
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

does everything (mouse, keyboard) EXCEPT let you choose the X server. On 3
differant machines I wanted to specify nvidia insted of nv or vesa and needed
to do it by hand,

This is changed behaviour from gutsy, so how do you reconfig the X server?

James