2008/12/23 Daryl Thompson <daryl.francis.thomp...@gmail.com>:
> Help Help Help
>
> Last night a copied all my data onto a external Hard disk. then precoded to
> install Linux forgetting to remove the external Hard disk.
>
> Now how can I un-partition my external Hard disk and recover all my data 4
> years worth of it.
>
> I need most of it back

If you just deleted/overwrote the partition table without writing
anything else, you can use gpart (not to be confused with gparted) to
guess where the partitions are. Then you can use fdisk to reinstate
those partitions. After that, cross your fingers and try and mount
them.

I would recommend that you back up the whole device with dd before you
try any of the above.

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux