I got bugzilla working OK.    For the record I had to create a link,
this was missing

    /usr/share/bugzilla3/web/ /var/www/bugzilla3

I then had to hack out security from the scripts to configure it then
reinstate it.  Not sure what I did wrong in the set up.

I got this error "attempt to invoke directory as
script: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/bugzilla3/" I had scriptalias in my apache
setup.  This line had scriptalias and it stopped index.cgi being used.

        /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
                Alias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

Finally I got a couple of skins from
        https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Addons

I went to /var/www/bugzilla3/skins and linked contrib/BrownCurvy/ to
custom and it looks pretty nice now.