On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:06:47 +1100
Lisa Roberts <l...@lisaroberts.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Sridhar,
>

> Do you know a way of converting a .lnx document, and its Jabref, to
> Word for Windows and Endnote?
>

> What a question! (I hear you say).
>
> My supervisor wants me to send him my thesis as a Word .doc. so he can
> make changes. But I like using Lyx and Jabref.
>
> Is there some solution?

This is obviously not meant for the list, but ....

Try oolatex, part of the tex4ht package. You may have to export to
LaTeX first, depending on how your LyX is set up. oolatex produces an
OpenOffice.writer document which you can then export to a .doc file.

I have done this successfully with book length LaTeX documents. oolatex
may not be on your execution path. I needed to insert a symbolic link
in Debian Lenny.

HTH,
Alan

> Cheers,
>
> Lisa
>

> that it On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:40:46 +1100
> Sridhar Dhanapalan <presid...@slug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > Dear Sydney Linux Users Group members,
> >
> > This message is a reminder that the Sydney Linux Users Group will
> > hold its Annual General Meeting of Members on Friday March 27th 2009
> > (tomorrow!) at 07:00pm EDST at the Atlassian offices, 173-185 Sussex
> > Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
> >
> > For a user-friendly guide to the AGM, see [0].
> >
> > Members unable to attend the meeting may raise issues for the
> > committee to respond to either publicly, by mailing the SLUG
> > Activities mailing list[1], or privately by mailing the Committee
> > directly at commit...@slug.org.au.
> >
> > The agenda and summary for the meeting is as follows (also available
> > online at [2]):
> >
> >   * President's welcome
> >   * Confirmation of minutes of the 2008 AGM
> >   * Presentation of financials for fiscal year ended 30 June 2008
> >   * Election of 2009-2010 SLUG Committee
> >   * General business, questions from the floor
> >   * AGM close
> >
> > The minutes for the 2008 AGM are available at [3].
> >
> > Members interested in serving on the Committee are highly encouraged
> > to nominate themselves for one or more positions. A significant
> > number of existing committee members have indicated that they will
> > not be running for re-election.
> >
> > SLUG membership is $15 for students, and $25 for everyone else. If
> > you would like your membership cancelled so as not to receive
> > further mails like this, please email commit...@slug.org.au
> > indicating that.
> >
> > Voting will occur at the meeting by show of hands by financial
> > members (identified by possession of a membership card). Members
> > unable to attend in person may appoint a proxy to vote on their
> > behalf, in accordance with Section 4.11, and Appendix 2, of the SLUG
> > constitution[4]. Parties should notify the secretary of their
> > appointment of a proxy via digitally signed e-mail to
> > commit...@slug.org.au, using the form mentioned in Appendix 2.
> >
> > The committee will ask that the members ratify its activities as
> > detailed in the office bearers' reports were in accordance with the
> > organisation's aims. These reports will be presented at the AGM.
> >
> > On behalf of the committee I would like to thank you for your
> > continued interest in SLUG and involvement with the community to
> > date, and encourage you to pass on any questions or ideas you may
> > have about the organisation's future to the SLUG Activities mailing
> [...]

Tel:  04 2748 6206              Fax: +61 2 4782 7092