Patrick,

'OS Install Mode' needs to be off to see more than 256MB. My guess is that
you have dodgy RAM above the 256MB address space, which you are hiding with
the 'OS Install Mode'. Try running the memtest86+ utility from the Ubuntu
boot machine. If that shows up flawed memory, try swapping around the SIMMs
around in different slots - sometimes you can get subtle timing issues
depending on which one is seen first on the memory buses.

Regards, Martin

martinvisse...@gmail.com

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM, elliott-brennan <m...@elliott-brennan.id.au