Hi Ken,

after you set the raid setting, don't you have to then configure a logical drive?

what sort of machine is it? server? HP?

also usually when you set it to raid it does not matter what the SCSI drive ID is as the raid controller handles this. however i'm not sure of this on all hardware.

what happens if you only have one drive in and test? then two and test? etc. is each drive recognized on it's own? see if you can record the scsi id of each.

Ben

fos...@tpg.com.au wrote:
I have a machine with 6 Harddrives sda => sdf and when I install Ubuntu
desktop it will not boot.
There is a bios setting for raid and if we set this on we see all 6
harddrives but the install will not boot.

If we set it to not raid we see 4 harddrives and it will boot.

Any suggestions?

Ta
Ken