Big thanks to John & Daniel,

I'll give that a go.

Kind Regards

Kyle

John Ferlito wrote:
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 09:46:54AM +1000, Kyle wrote:
I have a situation where htpasswd access is being used to authenticate user access to a particular URL by apache.

Once authenticated, apache processes the relevant URL which is actually a pass-off to Tomcat. What I need to do is get hold of the now-authenticated user-name (i.e. the user name apache has just allowed through) and be able to attach that username to the POST now being sent to Tomcat.

Normally this would be accessible using the REMOTE_USER environment
variable. I assume that these are also accessible from with a java
class run by tomcat.

Cheers,
John