I'm putting together a book about Ubuntu, and I would like to include a list of people who have made the most significant contributions to the development of Ubuntu and Linux in general. I have the usual suspects -- Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman, Andrew Tanenbaum, Ian Murdock, Mark Shuttleworth -- but after that it's hard to clearly see who stands out. Perhaps some of you who have a longer history with Linux than I do could indicate who really made a difference for you, and why. I want to say something more than 'X is a really great developer' if I can. Pointers to quotes or interviews would be handy too.

Thanks in advance,

Jon.