How does battery life fare?

Dean

Terry Dawson wrote:
Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
Any thoughts on these?
Powering the Kogan Agora Netbook is gOS, a very aesthetically pleasing, powerful, intuitive, and fast operating system. Combined with the power and great value of our hardware, it brings you one step closer to cloud computing. gOS facilitates easy access to a number of Googleâ„¢ services as well as a host of easy to use, powerful open source programs.
<http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-agora-netbook/>
<http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-agora-netbook-pro/>

Marghanita,

I realise you posted this message quite a while ago now, but I've recently purchased four of the Agora Pro Netbooks and if you're still considering purchase I thought you might be interested in my comments. In summary I'm really very happy with them.

They're surprisingly solidly built for a machine of their class. They feel well-built with no flimsiness and I suspect you'd have to try pretty hard to do any real physical damage to them.

The operating system has been well localised for Australia and is Ubuntu 8.04 based. The 8.04 is a little out of date, but the update process is obvious and works as expected. It was almost disappointing to discover that I didn't need/want to do much after creating my login account to customise it; the setup is quite sensible. All I ended up doing was disabling the Google gadgets on the desktop because they're not to my taste and installing a few application package that I like to use.

I find the keyboard quite comfortable to use, with the possible exception of the '/' key being a little awkward to get to from some angles. The touchpad works well, but again, from some angles I find that my thumbs sometime accidentally stray onto it while I'm typing. I'm sure both of these problems will dissipate with time as I become more familiar with it.

Wireless/sound work as expected. Bluetooth, as you will know, manifests as a small USB dongle which I haven't yet tried, but suspect will work just fine.

The screen is quite pretty, with default fonts small but readable even for someone rapidly turning middle-aged and both short and far-sighted :)

Happy to field any particular questions you (or others) might have.

regards
Terry