Hello SLUGers,
I work on the help desk for a medical software company, and have
recently been given a disclosure and confidentiality agreement to
sign. I have been keeping a keen eye on open source software for
medical professionals and would like to eventually contribute to them.

The point I'd like to clarify is clause 2. "The Employee shall
acknowledge all inventions, discoveries and designs and all writings,
art-work, drawings, designs, computer programs (copyright works)
created during the course of your employment with the Employer,
belongs to the Employer."

See a copy at http://www.arminmarth.info/disclosure.pdf

Would this stop me from contributing to open source software if it's
in the same field as I currently work in?

I've been asked to sign this by Monday or I will not be able to work
on any health care related products, i.e. they'll force me to take
leave.

Thanks in advance.
Armin.