Hi Martin, All,

thanks. I realized that vhost was missing and put it in. squid still fails.

internally the ip addresses are as follows...
10.1.2.249 www.pamphlets.org.au
10.1.2.250 www.icafe.com.au
10.1.2.252 squid.icafe.com.au

If I have the config as below, I only ever get www.icafe.com.au from external no matter what url I put in. If I take out the three "cache_peer" lines I get nothing but the error from external... "this request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches..."

the pertinent config lines below... (ie changes from default squid version 3.0)

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.icafe.com.au vhost
cache_peer 10.1.2.250 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel
acl our_sites dstdomain www.icafe.com.au www.pamphlets.org.au *.pamphlets.org.au *.icafe.com.au
http_access allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

I only have one squid box called squid. icafe and pamphlets are only http servers.
Why does the below line
cache_peer 10.1.2.250 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel
correctly only return the www.icafe.com.au site? It is not a cache parent.

any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
Ben

Another idea is to setup apache to reverse proxy by port number...
Anyone done this?