2009/9/12 lesl...@ozemail.com.au <lesl...@ozemail.com.au>:
> A friend who had one of the above, but thought it unsuitable, gave it to me. I
> find it very suitable for certain things and want to continue using it.
> However,
> it came with Windows XP and I'd prefer to run Linux on it. At the same time, I
> don't want to wipe XP and then find the computer doesn't work properly with
> Linux. I solved that problem on a laptop I use by using Wubi to install
> Ubuntu. I
> looked for a way to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix on the Eee by using Wubi, but
> there doesn't seem to be one.
>
> Are people running versions of Linux on this or similar computers that they've
> been able to install easily while keeping Windows?

I haven't tried Wubi, but my understanding is that once it's been set
up and booted into, it behaves just like a normal Ubuntu installation.
In that case, you can install Ubuntu first and then set up Netbook
Remix, which is what I did on my Eee 901.

If you think you might want Windows back, you could create images of
the filesystems using a tool like dd or clonezilla.

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux