jam <j...@tigger.ws> writes:

>> I'm not sure if this belongs here, sorry if it doesn't.
>
>> Well looks like the government got it's way. Our Internet will be censored
>> next year.
>
>> http://www.minister.dbcde.gov.au/media/media_releases/2009/115
>
> I wrote to Conroy talking about proxies and ssh tunnels and received back
> many pages reminiscent of 'Shirley Valentine' 'Hello wall ...'
>
> Then, older and wiser, I realized *doing something* and being seen *to do
> something* are vastly different and after all it's *your* $100 million ...

Sad, isn't it?  The old government joke still applies:

   This is Terrible!  We must do something!
   This is Something!
   Therefore, we must do this!

Senator Conroy's office is not stupid, but doesn't seem likely to change.  In
addition to contacting them, getting in touch with your own member, the
senate, and other relevant groups is a big help:

        http://nocleanfeed.com/action.html

Regards,
        Daniel
--