On Wednesday 30 December 2009 08:12:13 slug-requ...@slug.org.au wrote:
> Hi, Del.  Have you considered a hardware solution using a one-to-many
> transceiver?  I never heard of a such a thing but I am sure it either
> exists or can be built.  I don't know if your clients are remote
> (other locations) and that is why you are using TCP?
>
> Software solution:  I'd write a program to read from the serial port
> and write the data over TCP to any connected listeners.
>
> Is that too simple of an answer?

For me that is solved with a 1/2 page of C. I'm sure other scripting languages
do likewise.
Thinks for a moment: a tcp/ip port-share-server gives the data to anyone
making a connection, terminates that connection when they do ...

USB serial ports are easy and cheap: 1 serial port per consumer
Serials in parallel
James