On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:12:07PM +1100, Ken Foskey (kfos...@tpg.com.au) wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 20:37 +1100, Josh Smith wrote:
> > Those of you who are running 64 bit versions of Ubuntu . . are there any
> > pitfalls? Any problems with applications? Speed?
>
> Flash.  Flash is still buggy.  If you remove all flash support and
> install the beta flash player directly it works OK.  Package manager
> keeps moving me back to the 32 wrapper version though.  Wrapper version
> is 'mostly' OK.

I have a few machines (centos,f12) all running 64 bit with
wrapper and adobe repo (meaning it gets upgraded) and I have
no problems at all.

Jobst

--
Goldwaithe's lemma of Murphy's third law:  The line in which you are waiting is
always the slowest.  If you move, the line you move to stops.  If you move