I actually did something that was NOT suggested, I upgraded
a few machines from Fedora 7 (32) to CentOS 5.4 (64).

This is actually a downgrade, as a lot of packages and
the kernel have LOWER version numbers.

I did not want to go through the hassle to get
all the users/config/packages/whatever across into
a complete new install.

RPM is clever enough to keep the higher version numbers
as 32 bits, but as the new packages arrive they
get exchanged with the newer 64 stuff.

All of those are rock solid.

Jobst

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 08:37:45PM +1100, Josh Smith
(joshua.smi...@optusnet.com.au) wrote:
> Those of you who are running 64 bit versions of Ubuntu . . are there any
> pitfalls? Any problems with applications? Speed?
>

> --
>
> Josh Smith
>
> Insist on yourself, never imitate... Every great man is Unique.
>
> --

Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on your
monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on a web
site, and you must change them very often.