On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:56:14 +1100
Terry Dawson <t...@animats.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

> > 4. What sort of battery life are you getting (esp. now after 6
> > months)
>
> With stock hardware I get about 4.5 hours of solid use from a charge.
> I have a CF-card-based replacement for my internal hard-drive that I
> intend to try out to see what difference that makes at some point or
> another.

How well does CF work as a hard drive replacement? I see mixed comments
when I googled for it. What kind of adaptive gear do you need.

I have an Apple iBook G4 and the hard drive is showing some damage - it
is an IDE drive. Would like to replace with something solid state, but
don't really know where to start.

Cheers,
Alan

> > 5. How easy was it to get your chosen Linux up and running (this is
> > of course relative to the person - Me. I'm no genius, but I can
> > figure it out if I have to)
>
> No brainer, it came with an Ubuntu derivative pre-installed, but I
> rebuilt it with the Ubuntu Netbook remix anyway.
>
> > 6. How has the build quality stood up
>
> Just fine, no sign of any breakages or weakness of any sort.
>
> > 7. What sorts of quirks have you discovered
>
> The WiFi seems a little deaf and the touchpad is in an occasionally
> annoying position.
>
> regards
> Terry
>

> --