Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Because no one has packaged it. Probably because no one loves it.

Or more accurately, because noone has packaged it for Debian.

The *vast* majority of stuff available for Ubuntu is available because
someone packaged it for Debian.

I have nothing against Ubuntu, i run it on my laptop and use it at work,
I'm just interested in seeing credit going to the people who deserve
it.

FWIW, my dissatisfaction with the state of the GHC compiler and Haskell
libraries in Ubuntu prompted me to join the debian-haskell-maintainers
group. The hard work of this group (mostly not me :-)) means that GHC
and Haskell libraries in Ubuntu 10.04 will likely be in a far better
state than they have ever been before.

Erik