Hi slug

A while ago i had a  sound issue on my Compaq CQ61-314TU. Compaq/HP Said
they know about but cant fix it in Linux. i found how to fix in ubuntu
but fedora does not use /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:. After a bit of
reaching (GOOGLing) i found that the /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf: is the
base sound configuration in Red Hat based systems.

To fix the problem add these four lines to /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf:
Then restart the computer to take affect.

options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

Note:
        You may have to create the /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf: as it did
not exist in my Fedora 12

Thanks to those reply i got

Regards
Daryl Thompson