>> 250, on my Debian/sid system running 2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64. FWIW.
>>
>> Daniel

Dave> A little off topic, but, I noticed that the CONFIG_HZ variable
Dave> on openvz systems is often 250. I found 1000 to be a better
Dave> setting for responsiveness on a heavily loaded openvz box. It
Dave> felt like being able to schedule more small things more often
Dave> made sense when you have many containers. Or is that totally not
Dave> how it works?

Higher HZ will generally give better responsiveness, lower HZ better
throughput.  Like all rules of thumb this one doesn't always work, it
depends on the workloads.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia