Hi

I think this one died a while ago but after some months I have finally
been able to get my Wordpress blog running again....

http://sleepypenguin.homelinux.org/blog/

Finally sorted it out with 'apt-get install wordpress' which most
likely installed a configuration file that I didn't know about.  After I
disabled a couple of incompatible plugins that Wordpress 3.0 didn't
like the content of the pages came back up again.  Wordpress is
installed from the source from the Wordpress site.

Now I just have to work out why it is that web pages are so slow to
download from this box.  Not sure what that's about.  DNS configuration
seems to be okay and there is 2 Megabits of bandwidth on my home line.
Shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments.

--
Richard