On Thu, Aug 05, 2010, Jon Jermey wrote:
> I'm trying to get Linux running from an SD card boot on an Asus eee
> 1005p but every distro I have tried so far fails to recognise the Wi-Fi
> (Atheros). Wired connections are working. Does anyone know of a distro
> which recognises wireless out of the box on this specific model or,
> failing that, a reliable set of instructions to get one working?

You "just" need to compile the latest wireless-compat source tarball
for your kernel.

It'll include much more up to date ath9k drivers.

I have one of these very-recent atheros chipset eeepc laptops and it
works fine. Just need to remember to recompile it every time the kernel
is updated.

Adrian

- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -