I have a 1001px, which Ubuntu 10.04 worked fine off out of the box except
for wifi (ath9k as well), found a thread on the Ubuntu forums which
suggested upgrading to kernel 2.6.34, just downloaded the deb from
launchpad.net and installed, rebooted and wifi was fine.

uname -r
2.6.34-020634-generic

--
Regards