On Tue, September 7, 2010 4:26 am, philip Kerkin wrote:
> I'm probably a bit late getting in on this, but can I suggest you not
> even think about roaming using your Australian Sim card.

ofcourse not

> I recently had the experience with one of our staff. Over $7K in 3 weeks
> and believe me the quantity downloaded wasn't high.

well, the rates are published, and, the calculations are simple
use at own peril...

fwiw, when I was o/s last Xmas, I 'discovered' I had with me a prepaid SIM
with still some $A10 and a few days till it vanishes,

so I used it to get/send emails over the next few days,
then I bought a local SIM

--
Voytek