Hey,
just wondering if anyone here can recommend a USB wifi for use with Ubuntu
Lucid that can do 802.11n and can sustain a decent transfer speed?
I am having lots of trouble finding a stable N adapter that actually works at
5.4Ghz.
Hi,
I have a D-Link DWA110, which has some kind of RaLink chipset. It does not support n mode, only b and g.

Prior to this I was using TP-Link TL-WN821N, Atheros AR9001v2 chipset I believe. It lost the connection all the time (even though there was no problem with the strength of signal from the router), it was very annoying to use, and required unplugging and replugging to reconnect to net.

From my experience with these 2 deveices, and from what I have seen on the net, I would say try something with a RaLink chipset over Atheros. My guess is, if so many people are working on the Atheros drivers, it is because they suck so badly.

Cheers, Brett.