Hi Geoffrey,

Here is a link that that I found is an excellent guide in structuring
your understanding of Linux.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LPI_Linux_Certification.

It is used by people including my self, who wants to build their Linux
Skills and/or prepare
for LPI Certification LPIC-1 and LPIC-2. These materials are intended
for Sys-Admins in the
Junior and Advanced Levels. Please note that there are no restrictions
as to a candidate's
age when qualifying for LPI Certifications.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Oscar Plameras