SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - PATCH MANAGEMENT

The University of Sydney is Australia's premier University with an
outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence, and
employs over 7500 permanent staff supporting over 49,000 students.ICT is
critical to achieving ongoing and continuous improvement in the
University through the development, maintenance and support of the
University's enterprise IT solutions in addition to a range of small to
medium solutions.

To support our objectives, we are currently seeking a customer-focussed
IT professional for a Systems Administrator position, focusing on Patch
Management.

Under the supervision of the Manager of the Hosting Service you will:

* be responsible for providing high level technical support and advice
to users
* the development of support documentation
* setting "server hardening" strategies and baselines for the ICT fleet

To qualify, you will have:

* significant experience in the management and delivery of Windows,
Linux, servers including associated Patch Management solutions such as
SCCM
* in-depth knowledge of server hardening techniques across Linux, Unix,
Windows, and Citrix
* good understanding of VMware technology and storage principles
* significant experience in managing complex projects spanning system
boundaries including application development and infrastructure services
* a passion for customer service and be committed to ongoing development
and improvement

This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career in a complex
and challenging IT environment. As an employer the University offers
good work-life balance and many outstanding employment benefits.

CLOSING DATE: 28 March 2011

General enquiries can be directed to Fang Zhou on (02) 8627 1235 or
visit our website for more information - www.sydney.edu.au/positions

MELISSA MESITI | Candidate Research & Sourcing Consultant
SydneyRecruitment | Human Resources

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Level 1, The Box Factory K06 | 1-3 Ross St | The University of Sydney |
NSW | 2006
T +61 2 8627 1226  | F +61 2 9351 5867  | M +61 434 183 620
E melissa.mes...@sydney.edu.au | W http://sydney.edu.au

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.