John,

The second part of that README.txt file I have yet to complete, goes basically like this:

When you go into the input connections section, add the video source, then when you go "scan for channels", run through the list till you reach "Scan Type: Import channels.conf", then in the file location section, put the full path to where your channels.conf file is, for example, mine would be in:

/home/swaller/channels.conf

See how you go. Let me know if you need help, as I have spent a long time "massaging" Mythtv.

Scott