From: "James Linder" <j...@tigger.ws>
To: slug@slug.org.au
Sent: Wednesday, 22 June, 2011 11:17:16 AM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Subscription-based netfiltering (parentally speaking)

On 22/06/2011, at 8:38 AM, K L wrote:

> Steady on. :-(
>
> I can understand the simile, but I'm not entirely sure I appreciate the
> comparison.
>
> This is, after all, a parent looking after the innocence of his child.
>
> It's not like he's 18 and able to make sane choices for himself.

My answer was very gentle and not intended as a slight, but perhaps it should
have been ...

The Conroy Mindset pours scorn over any one who (no doubt whatsoever, with the
best intentions) thinks you can apply a technical solution to a problem that
needs to be addressed another (and harder) way.
Your comments about the router password SHOUT of your naviete.

If you are "a parent looking after the innocence of his child" then be aware
this is a 24/7 multi-decade task - I've got the Tee shirt

Other comments on the list were insightful.