Thus spake K L:
> 1. that is one reason I want it gateway/router based as opposed to
> host based. If he doesn't have the passwords to the gateway, he
> can't mess with it.

I can picture the owl with the 'O RLY?' caption beneath it right now. In
this context, we need to make the use of the words "can't", "won't", and
"never" a crime.

> 2. He has thus far shown zero interest in technical literacy. Still
> not sure whether that's a bane or blessing?

He doesn't know what he has [freedom in this context] until he loses it.
Of course there is no technical desire to bypass it yet -- you haven't
blocked anything yet.

Note that this applies to anything, not just filtering. Once something
stops working, and it is apparent you won't be able/willing to 'fix' it,
you would be very surprised how quickly the necessary knowledge will be
gained.