I think something to keep in mind (and not because I'm a stickler for such
things) is that what's important here is "free software".

Everything quoted so far leverages free software. "Linux" is a small
part of it.

I think the GCC developers may be a bit peeved if all the credit went
to Linux rather than them (and the Redhat backing it in the past); similarly
with LLVM and all the open contributions being made there. (Yes, that
includes by Apple.)

It doesn't matter whether Linux dies or not (for value of "die"), IMHO
what matters is that all the free software that makes a useful system
useful is still there and ticking along.

Adrian