On 01/07/11 09:00, Heracles wrote:

Hi All,

A. Not sure if this is suitable, but "Software Center" is available in
Debian 6 and looks sort of similar the the "Software Center" in Ubuntu
11.04.
yes, this may be the path I take if there is no KDE equivalent, but I have read about issues. I guess I wont know till I try.
B. Why KDE on Debian instead of the Classic interface in Ubuntu 11.04?
NOTE: I also can't stand Unity but then I don't like KDE either.
Well, we could have stayed with Ubuntu classic, but as AFAIK classic (as in gnome2) will be dropped next release, and the only gnome option will be gnome3. I'm not a fan of Unity or gnome3. So why not wait till October to switch? Well I guess that is reasonable, but knowing what is over the horizon, I would rather work on the transition now while I have some time, I may not have the luxury later.

Perhaps not the greatest logic, but there it is.

Tuxta