Hi Rod,

the usual small wireless card that you get with laptops which measures about 40mm x 30mm and is usually an Altheros chipset, does NOT support master mode. You need master mode in order to switch the card into AP mode or access point mode. (same thing really). Also most cheap PCI based cards (Anatel chipset) don't go into AP or master mode.

I would like to pull apart a cheap wireless ADSL router to see whether they have such a beast inside them that I could use... however don't have one to look at.

Good luck finding a card that can go into AP mode... if you find one then please post it back to the list.

you could try www.minibox.com.au (think that's right). Not sure what they have now...

Thanks,
Ben Donohue