No, I don't think range is much of a problem. XOs are pretty good at
picking up wi-fi signals (dual external make a big difference).

The main problem is capacity of the network. School wi-fi networks are
typically not well-geared for every child actively using the
connection at the same time.

My experience with D-Link products and support is terrible, so I no
longer consider them.

--
"Our mission is to enhance learning opportunities for the 300,000
primary school aged children, living in remote Australia, by providing