On Sat, September 1, 2012 7:44 pm, Marty Richards wrote:
> On 1/09/2012 4:49 PM, li...@sbt.net.au wrote:
>
>> I have a machine running Centos 5, I'd like to downgrade to Centos 4 in
>>  order to run an older PHP CMS that require 'older' PHP, (it seems
>> easier to run older system that upgrade the CMS
>
> Going backwards often has security implications and is not recommended.
>

> Upgrading the CMS would be a safer option.

Marty,

ofcourse, but, it's a custom CMS  it's no longer used in production, only
used as legacy for 5 users only, and, requires login to access (and,
hopefully login doesn't have security vunerability...), and, is the only
application on this host

I've tried putting it on newer system (Centos 5 and 6), it print php code
to browser (or, won't display page), some of it is might do with code page