On Sun, September 2, 2012 2:42 pm, James Linder wrote:
James,

yes, I've been thinking of that, what sort of minimum hardware would you
guesstimate I'd need ?
all I need for Centos is apache php mysql, single cms that has perhaps 5
users at most, if that, just to retrieve docs from doc repository

Set your apache max clients to 6. If the CMS is memory hungry then check the log files for:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXX bytes exhausted (tried to allocate YYYY bytes)

And update the PHP ini file accordingly.

I suspect that you could get a usable system for 5 users in 256MB of RAM / 1 CPU 1.7 is fine or lower) and what ever image size that covers your install + growth.

If a CMS is being used for 5 people then it must be a wiki / KB or something similar? You could just dump the db and write a PHP navigation tool and be done with it.

Cheers