I'm trying to set correct timezone for php on centos,
but when I query

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

I get in that page "You are *required* to use the date.timezone.."[1]:

/etc/php.ini has like:

# grep timez /etc/php.ini
;date.timezone = GMT
date.timezone = Australia/Sydney

phpinfo identifies /etc/php.ini as the correct php.ini;
don't seem to find any other php.ini (perhaps I'm not searching correctly?)

following on various searches, also tried:

# tail php.ini

; End:
auto_prepend_file = /srv/www/public_html/tz.php

# cat /srv/www/public_html/tz.php
<?
 date_default_timezone_set  ( "Australia/Sydney"  )
?>

that didn't help either

any thoughts ?

[1]----------
date

Warning: phpinfo() [function.phpinfo]: It is not safe to rely on the
system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone
setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any
of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Australia/Melbourne' for
'EST/11.0/DST' instead in /srv/www/public_html/p.php on line 1

date/time support       enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version       0.system
Timezone Database       internal
Default timezone        Australia/Melbourne